Mobile 2012 - Trend and directions
- Increasing mobile upload/download speeds around the world combined with the cloud will create mobile game changers in 2012.
- Look for mobile payments to replace debit and credit card transactions. Higher levels of security and convenience will make mobile transactions the vehicle of choice.
- Accompanying mobile payments will be mobile commerce driven by context, location based and quick response bar code applications all enhancing commerce of the go.
- With much of Asia upgrading from 2G to 3G, many of the 2 billion mobile subscribers will be looking for new devices to take advantage of new applications.
- Adobes departure from flash will make HTML5 the dominant language for mobile apps.
- Googles Android platform will continue to dominate gaining market share at the expense of Apple and RIM.
- Mobile will be the new norm in 2012 and opportunities will abound for innovative and agile companies around the world.
Posted by Peter Andrews
, Regional Director on 30 January 2012