2012 was one of the best years ever for private sellers in tech. 2013 will be even better. The reasons are many. Here are 5:
- Too much cash - $350 Billion in the coffers of the big strategic buyers, $1 Trillion in Private Equity - need to invest it
- Disruptive technology trends will keep churning the M&A waters - deals happen during change
- Global Strategic Imperative - buyers everywhere are jockeying for position - they have to buy to stay competitive
- Baby Boomers will lead the charge - approaching 65 changes the game for many of the companies owned by boomers
- Tech is hot - major wealth is in tech, ditto investment - even non-tech firms are looking at our clients
Of course, there are lots of other reasons which we will cover in our Annual Predictions Luminary Panel in January. But, this is enough to keep the phones ringing.